Easter Xplorer Challenge at Heysham Nature Reserve - Thursday 8th April
About the event
Brought to you in partnership with British Orienteering, Xplorer is the perfect outdoor activity to get the whole family outside in the fresh air together! There are also certificates for those completing the challenges!
There are 2 courses available:
The markers you need to find are located on or next to surfaced paths. The markers are in number order and form a circular route, which is perfect for those who are new to the Reserve, orienteering or visiting with younger children. The markers are all ‘Easter’ themed.
This course represents more of a challenge and you will need to use your navigation skills to track down the numbered markers located across the reserve! The markers are all ‘Bird’ themed.
You can decide which course you do on the day or why not sign up for both? Don’t worry, both trails are along the same route so you can stick together as a family.
This is an outdoor activity. You will need to come dressed for the weather conditions wearing sturdy footwear. Children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.
Each map pack contains - One map (either challenge 1 or 2 - decide which on the day), one answer sheet, an Xplorer pencil and full instructions. Upon completion your child will receive a certificate? Please also ensure that you book the number of packs you require for your group.
Important Covid-19 measures
· You may only participate in this activity in a group of up to 6 people or 2 households.
· People from different households will need to socially distance from each other at all times.
· Please ensure that you have booked all the packs you require for your group.
· Packs can be either downloaded and printed or you can request your packs to be sent by post. Please note if you download to print your information, you can book to attend the next day, but if you request it by post, be aware it will take 2 – 3 days to arrive.
· Your pack will include a comprehensive instruction sheet covering all the procedures that you will all need to follow whilst taking part in the activity. Please read this through carefully before setting off.
· We are required to collect your contact details so that you can be contacted if needed by the NHS Test and Trace programme. Your details will be held securely under GDPR for up to 21 days.
· We have designed this event based on the current government guidance available at the time of publishing. Government guidance is subject to change. If we are unable to run this event due to a change in the guidance we will contact you by email and make arrangements to transfer or refund your booking.
· Any changes to government guidance may impact on how we deliver this event. If we need to make any changes, we will contact you by email with an update.
Price£2.00 for a downloadable map
£2.50 to receive map pack by post (this pack contains a map, answer sheet, certificate and pencil)
The normal price is £3.50, however due to funding from EDF Energy in conjunction with Heysham Nature Reserve’s Connecting to Nature project, we can offer the activities at a reduced price.