About the event
Explore Brockholes, find the markers, complete the challenge and have fun together! Brought to you in partnership with British Orienteering, Xplorer is the perfect outdoor activity to get the whole family outside in the fresh air together! There are certificates for those completing the challenge along with a sweet treat!
There are 2 courses available:
The markers you need to find are located on or next to surfaced paths and the route is pram friendly. The markers are in number order and form a circular route and is perfect for those who are new to Brockholes or to orienteering or visiting with younger children. The markers will be Mythical Creatures!
This course represents more of a challenge and you will need to use your navigation skills to track down the markers located across the reserve! Not suitable for prams. The markers will be bird themed.
You can decide on which course you do on the day.
This is an outdoor activity. You will need to come dressed for the weather conditions wearing sturdy footwear. Children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
Each map pack contains - One map (either challenge 1 or 2 - decide which on the day), one answer sheet, a Brockholes Pencil and full instructions. On completion you will receive the answers, a certificate and a voucher to collect your treat! Please ensure that you book the number of packs you require for your group.
Important Covid-19 measures
- People from different households will need to socially distance from each other at all times.
- Please ensure that you have booked all the packs you require for your group. We advise one pack per child but adults are welcome to book packs too!
- Packs can be collected from outside the Welcome Centre at any time during your booked time slot.
- If you are intending booking on behalf of business or organisation e.g. youth group, holiday club, childcare provider please contact us at email@example.com so that we can assist you with your booking.
- Your pack will include a comprehensive instruction sheet covering all the procedures that you will all need to follow whilst taking part in the activity. Please read this through carefully before setting off.
- We are required to collect contact details for all those aged 16+ taking part in the event, so that you can be contacted if needed, by the NHS Test and Trace programme. Your details will be held securely under GDPR for up to 21 days.
- Test & Trace contact details for ALL those aged 16+ will be taken on the day by our Events Team or via the NHS Covid-19 app.
- We have designed this event based on the current government guidance available at the time of publishing. Government guidance is subject to change. If we are unable to run this event due to a change in the guidance we will contact you by email and make arrangements to transfer or refund your booking.
- Any changes to government guidance may impact on how we deliver this event. If we need to make any changes, we will contact you by email with an update.