Take part in the Kestrel Award
If you are a member of Wildlife Watch and you are over the age of eight, you can take part in the Kestrel award. The Kestrel award has four wildlife challenges (Create it!, Do it!, Record it! and Shout about it!) and you will need to complete them all to gain the award. Once you have completed the challenges you will receive a certificate and badge and the Kestrel icon will be added to your website profile.
Who can take part?
The Kestrel Award is for children over the age of eight years old who subscribe to Wildlife Watch through their local Wildlife Trust.
Why take part?
By taking part we hope you will:
- Gain a sense of personal achievement and pride in your work
- Develop new skills and knowledge
- Enjoy applying your skills and imagination to a variety of tasks
- Get to know more places and people in your neighbourhoods
- Have a positive impact on wildlife or the environment, or on your appreciation of it
- Be encouraged to take on projects you might not have done without the incentive of the award
- Develop a long term commitment to nature conservation
- Find out about, and develop links with, their local Trust
- Help raise the profile of Wildlife Watch and The Wildlife Trusts through publicity generated by their work
- Have fun with their friends or families
How it works
To complete the award participants will need to complete four challenges: ‘Create it!’, Record it!’, ‘Do it!’ and ‘Shout about it!’. These challenges can be worked on either independently or through activities with a Wildlife Watch group. When all four challenges have been completed participants will receive a certificate and badge from their local Wildlife Trust.