Heysham Nature Tots
About the event
Come along to Heysham Nature Reserve this May to undertake one of our Nature Tot springtime activities. These self-guided activities have been designed to engage little ones with nature, whilst keeping them safe at the same time.
All you need to do is book a time and come along to collect your spring packs. The pack includes your trail and crafts. Once collected, feel free to do this short and simple trail, then spend time making the crafts and sowing the seeds at home.
Each pack contains your trail tick sheet, some seeds and seed tray to take home and plant, a wax candle with instructions, a ‘how to’ make seed paper and a name badge. All the items in your bag are yours to take home.
Please arrive on site just before your time slot and look out for directions to collect your pack. If it isn’t raining, they will be outside to collect, but if it is wet you can collect from our main entrance porch to the right of the building. Then please follow the arrows to do the trail.
Each pack has been produced a week before the sessions occur. All materials are then yours. It is essential you book a slot as packs are only available for those who book.
Please note there will be no refreshments provided and no access to the facilities on site.
Important Covid-19 measures
- You may only participate in this activity in a group of up to 6 people or 2 households.
- People from different households will need to socially distance from each other at all times.
- Please ensure that you have booked all the packs you require for your group.
- Named packs will be available to collect at the Reserve in front of the building.
- Your pack will include instruction sheets which we advise to read through carefully before doing the trail and crafts.
- We are required to collect your contact details so that you can be contacted if needed by the NHS Test and Trace programme. Your details will be held securely under GDPR for up to 21 days.
- We have designed this event based on the current government guidance available at the time of publishing. Government guidance is subject to change. If we are unable to run this event due to a change in the guidance we will contact you by email and make arrangements to transfer or refund your booking.
- Any changes to government guidance may impact on how we deliver this event. If we need to make any changes, we will contact you by email with an update.