Get involved with your local wildlife
Whether you are looking for events or ideas of new wildlife to explore, we should have something for you.
We manage more than 3,182 acres of nature reserves and other wild places which you are free to visit, and hold wildlife events across the whole of Lancashire, Greater Manchester and North Merseyside. Just click the buttons below to search in your local area.
The best way to to get involved with local wildlife is to join us. Our 28,000 members get regular updates about events and our reserves throughout the year - click here to learn more about membership and how you can get involved.
There is a whole range of other ways to get involved. If you want to find out more about how you can help us help local wildlife, please visit the Support Us page.
Get fully involved in local wildlife
The best way to get involved in local wildlife is as a member
Each member gets a welcome pack bursting with information about your local wildlife and how you can get involved (sent out within approximately two weeks to either yourself or the recipient), including:
- Comprehensive 96-page nature reserve guide when you join
- 100s of events and conservation days to take part in every year
- Access to member only events
- Lapwing membership magazine three times a year
- Email updates about wildlife around the county and news from behind the scenes at the Trust
- Access to Wildlife Trust nature reserves around the UK
- Opportunity to get involved in local groups
Family membership also includes ‘Wildlife Watch’ membership for up to four children at the same address; Wildlife Watch magazine four times a year, posters, stickers and a wildlife handbook. It’s great for getting kids interested in nature.